Monday, March 18, 2013

March


Welcome March!







The Spring month has come, I wish that Spring comes  everywhere, inside our hearts and outside in our faces with smiles, in our material world and in our spiritual one.

Easter is coming fast, in Greece a  long  period  of fasting for 40 days begins , that means we don’t eat meat and milk products during this period.


This month is full of crocheting and sewing projects.  Well   first of all I have to finish up with house cleaning and I mean good cleaning. In Greece we learned from our  mothers  this cleaning tradition, clean all drawers and cabinets in the kitchen, wash all curtains,  clean all rooms and outside verandas , yards…( if cleaning ever ends  especially with Igor in the house our always hungry labrador)..fortunately mothers became  logical today they don’t pay so much attention in these things, never the less  we feel  a bit guilty when we don’t do it the old way.

I dream of taking my  coffee , sit in my corner in the sofa and crochet. I’ve just finished the olive bag  so I proudly show it to you, you can see here.


I have sewn my Easter or Spring ornaments, little fabric  hearts , butterflies, birds and flowers and I cut a branch from a tree and decorated it with all these small pillows. See the first photos, soon I will do it in blue and yellow combination which I like also very much.

Well girls enjoy   your coffee or tea time along with crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment